Building & Inspections Division
- Receives and reviews Building plans and Permit Applications
- Answers building code related questions
- Conducts Inspections during various stages of construction and remodeling
- Ensures compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations of the City
- Keeps and Tracks records of completed Inspections
A Permit is required for most renovations, construction and other work in the City, such as interior remodel, additions, decks, driveways, fences, sheds and more. Exceptions include minor repairs or cosmetic updates.
An Occupational License (Business License) is required for all contractors performing work within the City.
A Builders Packet is available on the Forms and Applications page.
Tom Arbuckle & John Morris, Codes Enforcement & Building Inspector
207 N. Bynum Rd.
Lone Jack, Mo. 64070
Ph: (816) 697-2503 x 5
Fx: (816) 697-1808
Hours: by appointment