The Census is still going on. People who have not responded can still do so by Internet, phone and by mail. Help us spread the message – the 2020 Census is taking place and it is important for everyone to respond on Census Awareness Weekend: May 1st, May 2nd, and May 3rd, 2020.
I am also asking you to participate in a social media challenge by taking the 2020 Census Social Media Pledge.
Everyone Counts, and we are asking you to help us share this message.
We want to urge everyone, especially those within vulnerable communities, to respond to the Census and to challenge their friends to do the same. The more people who take the social media pledge – the more people are challenged – and the more people will respond to the 2020 Census!
Here are a few suggested ways you can share the word out on social media – #2020census.
Sample content – The #2020Census informs hundreds of billions in funding for things like education and health programs that communities need? I pledge to complete the 2020 Census and I am challenging [@ your friends!] to do the same
- Above all else, include #2020 Census in your social media posts.
- Share information about the census and why it’s important to respond. Everyone can play a role in ensuring that EVERYONE is counted once, only once, and in the right place.
- Record and post a video on your phone or tablet device about why it is important for everyone to complete the Census.
- Pledge to Complete the 2020 Census
Post the pledge to social channels to show your support in responding to the census. – Customize your pledge (English / Spanish). Tag other friends and challenge them to take the pledge and complete the census as well.
- Instagram Stories: Post the pledge to your IG story and tag the friends you are challenging, then post a second slate with the blank pledge so friends can easily share the graphic from there!
All City Lobbies will be closed to the Public effective Immediately due to the spread of COVID-19 until further notice. This is for the Safety of our Employees and Citizens. We will continue to offer services via email, phone and drop box.
SEWER EMERGENCIES CALL 1-800-846-5508
Sewer Account Inquiries: 816-697-2503 x 1
Sewer Payments: Drop Box on City Hall, Online or by Phone
City Clerk: 816-697-2503 x 3
Court Clerk: 816-697-2503 x 6
Court Payments: Drop Box on City Hall, Online or by Phone