Planning & Zoning Division
- Implementing and Administering the UDO Code
- Preparing and Maintaining the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Map and Future Land Use Map
- Enforcing codes for building, proposed new development and property maintenance
- Rezoning, Preliminary Plat, Final Plat, Site Plan Conditional Use Permits & Variance Applications
Application & Fee Schedule
If you are planning a development or building project in the City of Lone Jack, check the Planning & Zoning schedule listed below for submittal deadlines.
*All Forms (Builders Packet, Building Permit & Fee Schedule) are available under Resources on the Forms & Applications page
The City Administrator must receive all Land Development Applications no later than 3:30 p.m. on the date listed in the chart below in order to be placed on the following month’s planning and zoning agenda.
1. Land Use Development Applications are available from City Hall.
2. A complete application includes the application, with all record property owners’ signatures, applicable fees and all plats and or maps that are required per city ordinances.
3. If any of the above-mentioned items are not submitted on or before, the date listed below, the application will not be considered a complete application and will not be accepted for the following month’s agenda.
For questions regarding the Land Development Application Form and land development procedures, please contact the Planning & Zoning Administrator at 816-401-5401.
Cut-Off Dates for all
3:30 P.M. on the 15th
- Monday, July 17, 2023
- Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Friday, September 15, 2023
- Monday, October 16, 2023
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Planning and Zoning
of each Month
- Thursday, July 27, 2023
- Thursday, August 24, 2023
- Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Thursday, October 26, 2023
- *Tuesday, November 21, 2023
- Thursday, December 28, 2023
Board of Alderman
of each Month
- Thursday, July 20, 2023
- Thursday, August 17, 2023
- Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Thursday, October 19, 2023
- Thursday, November 16, 2023
- Thursday, December 21, 2023
- Thursday, January 18, 2024
Planning and Zoning Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held on the 4th Thursday of each month.
Board of Adjustments (Variance Board) Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held on an as-needed basis.