Public Works, Sewer & Street Departments
To view/pay your sewer bill: CLICK HERE or go to www.ub-pay.com
For New Service
All Forms are available on the Forms and Applications page.
The sewer department is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the City’s Sanitary Sewer System and Grinder Pumps. This includes maintaining and repairing sewer mains, lift stations and City-owned grinder pumps. The department handles sewer plant collection and treatment as well as sewer billing and collection.
Call before digging, Call 1-800-DIG-RITE, It could save you money or save your LIFE!
For Issues or Repairs
Please call 816-697-2503 ext. 4 for the following issues:
- Needed pothole repairs
- Storm drain, blockage or drainage issues
- Missing, stolen or vandalized street signs
- Repairs needed on City property
Sewer Use Guidelines
To All Property Owner and Tenants:
As you may be aware, your property is connected to a low-pressure sewer (LPS) system and utilizes a grinder pump unit (GPU) to pump and grind your wastewater to the sanitary sewer. Not all Properties have an individual pump, but gravity flow to a pump station. In a continuing effort to inform property owners, we are giving a reminder notice about the use of your Grinder Pump (GPU). The following items SHOULD NOT be put down the drain or otherwise introduced into the Grinder Pump (GPU) or into the Gravity Flow Sewer System.
- Grease, sand grit (cat litter, aquarium gravel) or petroleum products
- Glass, Powder Detergents
- Metals of any kind (pennies, dimes, nuts/washers, screws & nails
- Diapers, wet wipes, cleaning wipes, female products, rags, cloth, rubber gloves, paper towels of any kind
- Plastic objects (toy utensils, etc…)
- Flammable materials
- Strong Chemicals
- Gasoline, diesel fuel, parts cleaner, kerosene, all oil and flammable products
- Building material-drywall mud
- Any or all sources of groundwater and rain water (sump pump)
In the event of a Grinder Pump malfunction, a red warning light will activate and an audible alarm will sound on the Grinder Pump control panel that is located on the outside of your house. If you experience a pump malfunction, please contact the emergency line at 1-800-846-5508 that is located on the front door of the grinder pump control box on the outside of the house. They will notify the Public Works employee of the problem and will dispatch them to address the issue. Under no circumstance should the home owner pull the pump out of the sewer tank or take the green lid off of the tank. Do not allow a plumber to pull the pump or clean the service line without notifying the public works office first.
By following these simple rules, you will help extend the life of your Grinder Pump and the Gravity Flow Lift Stations.
The Street Department is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the City’s street and storm sewer collection infrastructure. This includes maintaining and repairing:
- Asphalt and concrete
- City owned signage and traffic signals
- Snow removal
- Storm water collection systems
- Ground Maintenance, and Maintenance Bids
David Beam- Public Works Director Ph: (816) 697-2503 x4
Karen Sloan-Utility Clerk Ph: (816) 697-2503 x1 for sewer info
Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
207 N. Bynum Rd.
Lone Jack, MO 64070
Ph: (816) 697-2503 x4
Fax: (816) 697-1808